Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My Life List.

There is a fad going around the blogging world… maybe you’ve seen it. Well, I am certainly not one to ignore a fad so of course I had to participate. 

People have been making these Life Lists that contain 100 things they want to do before they die. I've seen it done now on about 40 different blogs. When I first saw it done I thought, I could do that! I should do that. 
After all:


Well, I will tell you that I have tried before to make a list of 30 things I want to accomplish by the time I am 30 years old and I only got to #18. {I guess the deadline of 4 years intimidated me}. I also tried to make a bucket list but got stuck on the idea that they had to be big and exciting things and didn’t get much of a list either. 

When I saw this idea and realized that I had the whole rest of my life to check things off my list and that they could be big things or small things extravagant things, or simple things, I got excited and wanted to give it a go. It took me an honest couple of weeks, but I really thought about it, did some soul searching, asked myself what my dreams were, and finally finished it.

So here you have it. The Big, the small, the seemingly easy, the difficult, and even the very expensive. The best part is, they are all achievable and none of them are in the control of someone else. {Too many of the examples I saw contained goals to meet celebrities… “yea” I thought to myself “they are really going to take time out of their lives to have lunch with you. That is realistic.”} So I kept that in mind as I made these goals. I don't see how anyone could meet celebrities if they just wanted to. I wanted goals that I could actually cross off. {With one exception. #48 contains a semi celebrity. But I think that if I was in her neck of the woods, I could contact her and she would let me cross that off my list. I at least have her contact information. Where do you even get a celeb's info to just call them up and ask them to lunch?} 

 Without further adieu, here are the dreams in this crazy girls' heart. 
Me at one of the greatest concerts ever conceived: The piano man versus the rocket man. 
{The piano man clearly won.} 
Here is my life’s list:

1. Cook a Thanksgiving dinner {turkey and all} all by myself.
2. Become a foster parent {after my own children are grown.}
3. Own a horse. Name him Whiskey Pete.
4. Marry my soul mate. 
5. Own a truck. A hot one.
6. Start a book club.
7. Buy a house.
8. Ride in a rodeo.
9. See Les Misérables on stage.
10. Live in San Francisco for a year.
11. Make my own baby food {for future babies}.
12. Hit a homerun in softball.
13. Travel to all 50 states and photograph myself at every “Welcome to ___” sign.
14. Live in Manhattan for a year.
15. Ride a motorcycle all by myself.  
16. Tell Walter Fife “thank you” in person.
17. Watch a MLB game in every MLB stadium in the country.
18. Take a road trip with no predetermined destination.
19. Swim with dolphins.
20. Ride on a camel.
21. Own a real expensive camera. Like the ones photographers use.
22. Spend an entire day at a spa getting every treatment available.
23. Travel the country in a giant RV.
24. See Wicked on Broadway {Again}.
25. Take a trip to England.
26. Go Marlins fishing in Cabo San Lucas. {And make-out on Lover’s Beach}
27. Take a boat tour of Venice Italy.
28. Ride my bike around Central Park.
29. Go to the Temple in Ukraine.
30. Take a 30 day cruise around Australia.
31. Take my babies to Disneyland.
32. Go on the Sound Of Music tour in Austria.
33. See Memphis on Broadway {Again}.
34. Live in San Diego for a year.
35. Write a thank you note every day for a year.
36. Take a trip to Africa.
37. Ride a bike across the Golden Gate Bridge.
38. Spend a week in Belize and go cave tubing again.
39. Live in a home on the beach for at least a year.
40. Grow an herb garden.
41. Go to culinary arts school.
42. Take a trip to Niagara Falls.
43. Attend a World Series game {Preferably when my Marlins go}.
44. Ride a street car in San Francisco.
45. Master the art of couponing and budgeting.
46. Learn to sail on a real live sailboat.
47. Take a trip to Coney Island. 
48. Have lunch with Ashley.
49. Be in a musical theater production again.
50. Get fortune told to me by a fortune teller/psychic.
51. Ride a century bike ride {100 Miles}.
52. Be able to see my abs.
53. Organize a ginormous family reunion in Lake Tahoe when I have babies.
54. Take a trip to Catalina Island.
55. Learn to sew on a sewing machine.
56. Eat in a restaurant that Robert Irvine saved in a Restaurant Impossible episode.
57. Teach a Russian class.
58. Be a SAHM.
59. Learn to dance.
60. Watch the birth of a baby horse.
61. Become a mother.
62. Go on a weeklong river rafting and camping-on-the-beach trip.
63. Spend a summer living and working on a dude ranch.
64. Host an adult dinner party every month for a year, without repeating guests.
65. Ride on an elephant and have said elephant pick me up in his trunk. 
66. Go to Disneyworld.
67. Organize a fundraiser for Operation Smile.
68. Grow a vegetable garden.
69. Have a walk in closet.
70. Get my house decorated by a professional.
71. Take a photography class.
72. Read the original Les Miserables book by Victor Hugo.
73. Have a concealed weapons permit.
74. Be in better shape at 30 than I am at 26.
75. Have my very own crafting room.
76. Read the {entire} Bible.
77. Adopt a child from Ukraine or Russia {Preferably a teenager}.
78. Be the coordinator/planner for a good friend checking off something on his/her bucket list.
79. Shoot at and hit a clay pigeon.
80. Play on another water polo team.  
81. Go to Mardi Gras in New Orleans.
82. Have a hammock in my backyard.  
83. Take a road trip by myself.
84. Do this bike ride around Lake Tahoe.
85. Own a pair of legit cowboy boots.
86. Put 1500 miles on my bike in one season. {Roughly 12-15 miles a day. Cake.)
87. Create a family tradition that husband, kiddos and I can do for every holiday of the year.
88. Ride a mechanical bull for 7 seconds.
89. Make Husband’s dreams come true.
90. Keep a houseplant alive for at least a year.
91. Become a Carnival Elite cruising member. (After 16th cruise)  
92. Take my babies to Ukraine.   
93. Catch a foul ball or a homerun ball at a major league game.
94. Re-Read the entire The Work and the Glory series.
95. Go to Mt. Rushmore.
96. Learn how to cook a lobster.
97. Go help clean up somewhere after a natural disaster.
98. Go an entire year without repeating a recipe.
99. Go topless at a nude beach.
100. Ride my bike from Northern California to Southern California

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Great list. Funny (or not so much) but I have lived in San Francisco from birth until 5, and then again from 23-28, but I have never ridden a cable car and I have never ridden a bike across the GGB. I shall have to add that to my list. I need to make one of these lists too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh what a fabulous list!!! I made a "bucket" list last year, but not nearly as wonderful as this! Just a suggestion for #76, the One-year Chronological Bible is the easiest way I've found to read through the entire Bible. I'm on my second year through it. God's blessings and enjoy your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to have lunch or just hang out with Ashley too ;)Love your list. Maybe I will make one too over the summer.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...