Thursday, April 28, 2011

I weep for the future.

I am just going to have a venting moment.
One thing that I don't appreciate is the lack of appreciation for good music kids have these days.
How did this happen? I ask myself every day. 
Case in point. I am a substitute teacher right? Well, today I went to an assembly at the high school that I was subbing at. Among other activities there was a game of name that tune for 3 contestants. The 3 chosen played a couple of rounds, not only were they allowed to give the name of the song but they could also just name the artist. Sooooo easy right? I would have dominated. First round they start playing the fabulous 
Cindi Lauper. Nada. Blank stares all around. I mean how do you not know Cindi Lauper? Round 2, freeking Justin BEAVER  song. 3 hands shoot right up and they all fight over who is going to answer the question. At this point I am so bugged that they know Justin Beaver over Cindi Lauper. I mean is there even a comparison? Then, THEN they play Van Halen JUMP! One of the best songs that came from not only the band but the era right? No one knew what it was! Final round, they play one of the most famous songs OF ALL TIME. Wanna gander at what song it was? Well, when you think most famous song of all time I am sure this comes to mind as one of the possibilities. Yep, LET IT BE by the freeking Beatles. Not only do they NOT know the NAME OF THE SONG, they don't even know the freeking artist? REALLY??? I am so annoyed by this. Tell me I am not the only one.
Well... me and this guy are in it together.

Ten points for naming this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...