Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Small Moments...

Those of you in the blogging world must know about Syd from the Daybook. She has this feature that I think she invented called Awkward and Awesome Thursdays. Every Thursday she makes a list of all the awkward and awesome things that she has experienced over the past week and she invites all of her followers to do the same and they have a giant link party every week. I have always been interested in this but never really felt that awkward and awesome moments really fit so brilliantly into my blog. Well, a couple of days ago I started making a list of small moments I had been having over the past week, small ways that I enjoy life, small moments that I cherished, small moments that brought me peace, or joy or some kind of fulfillment. Then it hit me. I could do this every week and blog about it. I could even figure out some way to make my own button and have a link party {learning how to do this is a long ways away…I am still pretty unsure of how this fancy blogging stuff really works} I got excited about the fact that I could be the inventor of a button. I never in my wildest dreams imagined I would ever create a button. Anyways, until I get to that point in the blogging world, for now I am just going to make a list of my life’s small moments and post them weekly or so. Because, as I plan on creating a button to say;

"Enjoy the little things in life. For one day you might look back and realize they were the big things."

And looking for the little moments in our lives might just help us to become more optimistic, which inevitably leads to a more enriching life, which is what this blog is all about right?
So, until I get a cool button and link party how-to knowledge, if you would like to participate, just make a list of your life’s small moments and put a link to your blog post in the comment box. We can all be inspired by each other.

Here are the small moments I cherished this week: 

1. Listening to my 10 year old sister giggle at my jokes. It is the cutest little giggle you could imagine. I feel like a hero when she thinks I am funny.

2. Being able to cry in front of my friends and trusted mentors. It was just what I needed.

3. Open Arms. Specifically Steve Perry. After my tearful experience mentioned in #2, I did what I typically do when I am done crying. I listened to Open Arms about 30 times on repeat. There is just something about Steve’s voice and particularly in that song that comforts and calms me after I have been crying. It is always my go-to song for those crying moments. It was a surreal moment.

Steve, have I told you lately that I love you?

4. A good nap. I have not been able to sleep well for about 10 days now {not even for naps} due to my overactive brain stressing about things I mentioned in a previous post. I recently had a special experience with some good friends whom I greatly admire and as a result I was able to calm my mind and take a much needed nap yesterday that was refreshing to say the least. That was a precious small moment in my week.

5. Village Inn with 2 girls that I adore. We ordered the most random midnight snacks you could imagine and just sat for close to 2 hours gabbing. That was a small moment but it meant so much to me. Not to mention Josh the wonder waiter who was the funniest part of my night. Loved him.

6. My 1 year old niece who NEVER sits still, decided to sit on my lap to eat her bottle while I was babysitting her. It was the only time in the entire afternoon that she let me just chill with her. She is the cutest and yes I am prejudice. She is growing up so fast. I wonder what kind of a cousin she will be to my kiddos. The best one. I’m Certain. I will miss moments like that when she grows up.
Just look at that face.


Couldja Die?
7. Catching a fly ball when I played center field in my first softball game of the season. It was a great way to start out this season.

8. Bowling with buddies. It was the perfect night.

9. Going for a walk in the sunshine. The greatest tunes known to man blasting on my iPod. 

10. The fact that I get to play softball again tonight.



Small moments are all around. I have had a blast seeking them out this past week. You ought to try it. It makes life so interesting.  Link up your small moments in the comment box and keep looking for those small moments daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...