Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Square Peg and the Round Hole.

So due to a little life hiccup that I recently went through, I had to take some time off from blogging. But now I'm Baaaaaack. Without going into too much detail about the events that I have recently experienced, I want to tell you a little story about the past 2 weeks. What happened was that I attempted to force my life into a direction that I should never have went into. It was nothing immoral, illegal, or fattening, but a direction that I should have known I didn’t belong in. I knew deep down that I was not going to be able to fit my square pegged life into the round hole that this direction required. Fortunately, I learned quickly that I don't belong in that direction and I was able to remedy the situation with few ramifications. I am ever grateful now that I had the opportunity to reinforce the inclination I had prior that my life did not belong in that round hole.  Now I KNOW that my life does not belong in that round hole. I am a square peg through and through.


The most joy I have felt in the past 2 weeks was when I decided that as a square peg I don't belong in a round hole, and embracing that is the best decision I have made in a long time. As of yesterday, I am back where I belong and I couldn’t be happier. I have learned amazing things about myself and about my abilities, desires, goals, and priorities. I am grateful for supportive and understanding people in my life. I am grateful for those who put themselves out to assist me in what I needed. I am thankful for friends and family for helping me, talking to me, being patient with me, and reinforcing the conflicting decisions I made so quickly to each other.
I am back to my square pegged life where I belong. I am relieved to be here. I am in love with my life again. And bottom line, I know my limitations and I won't force myself beyond them. (This does not mean that I don't force myself to learn and grow. Painful as that can be it is necessary and brings great joy. This is not the kind of limitations I am talking about not forcing, quite different actually.) I would encourage each and every one of you to do the same. Learn your limitations and don't force what isn’t there. Do what you love. Life is too short to be unhappy in any avenue of your life.
And I lived happily ever after…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...