Thursday, May 5, 2011

75 Today... Who knows how many next month

Once again I am putting something on the blog so that I will commit to it. I have this huge list of books I want to read see... And I sort of made a goal to read {or re-read} them all by the time I was 30. Tooooatally doable right? I know. I just need to get on it. I can easily tackle this. I just keep putting it off, thinking that the list is so big I don't even know where to start. You know what? I take that back. I know exactly where I am going to start. I am going to start here:

 (I am going go to the library today!)

Anyways, 
I knew if I put it on the blog I would not make any more excuses. So, in no particular order here is the list of books I want to read before I am 30:
{And don't judge that I didn't capitalize properly. If the computer didn't do it for me it didn't get done}

1.       Alan Bradley: The sweetness at the bottom of the pie
2.       Anita Diamant: Day after Night
3.       Beth Hoffman: Saving Cee Cee Honeycut
4.       Betty Friedan: The Feminine Mystique
5.       Chris Cleave: Little Bee
6.       Christian Moerk: Darling Jim
7.       Christina Baker Kline: The way life should be
8.       Cleon Skousen: The Naked Communist
9.       Cleon Skousen: The 5000 year leap
10.   Cleon Skousen: The making of America
11.   Cleon Skousen: The Cleansing of America
12.   Colm Toibin: Brooklyn
13.   Cornelia Nixon: Jarrettsville  
14.   CS Lewis: The Great Divorce
15.   CS Richardson: The end of the alphabet
16.   Dan Chaon: Await your reply
17.   Dave Barry: The shepherd, the angel and walter the Christmas miracle dog  
18.   David Cristofano: The girl she used to be
19.   Dolen Perkins-Valdez: Wench
20.   Eileen Goudge: Woman in red
21.   Elizabeth Berg: The last time I saw you  
22.   Elizabeth berg: The year of pleasures
23.   Elizabeth berg: What we keep
24.   Elizabeth berg: Talk before sleep
25.   Elizabeth Berg: Dream when you’re feeling blue
26.   Elizabeth Strout: Olive Kitteridge  
27.   Emma Donoghue: Room
28.   Gary Vaynerchuk: Crush it
29.   George Orwell: Animal Farm
30.   Harry Bernstein: The invisible wall: A love story that broke barriers
31.   Heather Gudenkauf: The weight of silence
32.   Helen Simonson: Major Pettigrew’s last stand
33.   Jane Hamilton: Laura Rider’s Masterpiece
34.   Janice Holly Booth: Only pack what you can carry  
35.   Jeanette Walls: The Glass Castle
36.   Jonathan Tropper: This is where I leave you
37.   John Grisham: The Last Juror
38.   John Grisham: The Client
39.   Kate Braestrup: Marriage and other acts of charity
40.   Kathleen George: The odds
41.   Kathryn Stockett: The help
42.   Kim Michele Richardson: The Unbreakable Child: A story about forgiving the unforgivable
43.   Kristin Hannah: Firefly lane
44.   Laura Hillenbrand: Unbroken: a WWII story of survival, resilience and redemption
45.   Laura Moriarty: The rest of her life
46.   Lisa Grunwald: The irresistible Henry House  
47.   Marisa De Los Santos: Belong to me
48.   Michelle Hoover: The Quickening
49.   Mildred Armstrong Kalish: Little Heathens: hard times and high spirits on an Iowa farm during the great depression
50.   Murial Barbery: The elegance of the Hedgehog
51.   Neil Gairman: Anansi Boys
52.   Nick Hornby: Slam
53.   Nick Hornby: Juliet Naked
54.   Nick Hornby: Fever Pitch
55.   Nick Hornby: An Education
56.   Nora Ephron: I remember nothing and other reflections
57.   Patricia Reilly Giff: Pictures of Hollis Woods
58.   Paul Harding: Tinkers
59.   Ree Drummond: Black Heals to tractor wheels
60.   Rick Braggs: The prince of Frogtown
61.   Robert Goolrick: A reliable wife
62.   Saul Alinsky: Rules for Radicals
63.   Sophie Hannah: The wrong mother
64.   Stephen Chbosky: The perks of being a wallflower
65.   Susan Gregg Gilmore: Looking for salvation at the dairy queen
66.   Susan Richards: Chosen by a horse
67.   Suzan Colon: Cherries in Winter: My family’s recipe for hope in hard times
68.   Tess Callahan: April and Oliver
69.   Todd Johnson: The Sweet By and By
70.   Tom Franklin: Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter
71.   Torey L. Hayden: Ghost Girl: The True Story of a Child in Peril and the Teacher Who Saved Her
72.   Willo Davis Roberts: The view from the cherry tree  
73.   Yoko Ogawa: The housekeeper and the professor
74. Jacqueline Tobin and Raymond G. Dobard: Hidden In Plain View: A Secret Story of Quilts and The Underground Railroad
75. Catherine Clinton: Harriet Tubman: The Road to Freedom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...