Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The good news and the bad news.

Got some good news and some bad news

First up the good:

Good news: I finally have a fun story from my life to blog about. {Well, it’s fun to me. I guess we will see if it appeals to anyone else} Ever since my journey to find my voice began I have always wanted a fun story to tell about my usually eventless life. The problem is, I don't have kids. And 80% of the good blog posts that I read come from funny mom stories. Also, 15% of the good blogging stories I read have to do with a husband or a boyfriend and I don't have one of those either. Only a slim 5% of good blog posts are some random something that has nothing to do with kids or husbands. I have for many moons now been keeping my eye out for something entertaining from my life that I can blog about, but to no avail. Hopefully this story can count some fraction of that 5% of good blog stories. Here it goes.

Good news: Tonight in my softball game I hit a triple. A TRIPLE! I am so proud of myself. I had a goal to hit a double this season, never in a million years thinking I would ever get a triple. Up to this point I have only been able to hit singles. So, in one hit I met and exceeded my goal. That is definitely a good day for me.

Bad news: While sliding into 3rd for my amazing triple, I sprained my ankle and limped off the field in the arms of 2 other players.

Good news: I took one for the team and finished the game, playing on a sprained ankle.Ya. I'm legit like that.

Bad news: I am stuck in bed for at least 36 more hours.

Good news: I get to read a whole heap! Since I have a goal not to watch TV, I will have at least 36 hours in bed with nothing but books to keep me company.  This makes me freekin happy.

Bad news: This is the view I get to stare at for the next 36 hours. {Not to mention the pain. It hurts. Bad}


Good news: I got a pedi just in time for this pic.

Good news: I went to the library today and checked out 2 of the books on my list. Good thing I went today, because I was considering just waiting until tomorrow. That might have left me bookless for a long and boring day and a half. Glad I made the right choice there.

Bad news: I have to stay home from work tomorrow.

Good news: I get to stay home from work tomorrow.

Good news: I got this gnarly battle wound sliding into 3rd

Bad news: It's probably going to heal before I get to wear shorts to show it off anywhere. (I like gnarly scrapes and bruises. I am kind of tom boy like that.) Stupid summer that keeps playing the tip.

Good news: There just happened to be crutches at my house. It's a good thing because hopping everywhere was starting to hurt like hell.

Bad news: I have to use crutches. They are kind of painful on the hands and underarms. 

Bad news: It hurts like hell every time I have to get up and all the blood rushes to it. 

Bad news: I have to get up to go pee right now and I am dreading it.

Good news: I love softball.

Good news: I could not have asked for a better story behind a sprained ankle. 

Stay tuned for busing photos. There is going to be a hecka big bruise there tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...