Thursday, May 5, 2011

Embracing the Camera. And flashback 1990.



Today I am embracing the camera with my sisters.... All 5 of them. (Technically one is adopted, but we are sisters regardless of DNA... Ya'll have one of those too right?)

I want to participate in Embrace the camera even though I don't have kids. That is allowed. {I checked.}

These are my sisters and I last summer at Cherry Hills. I highly recommend that little hot spot. 
L to R. Adopted sis. Ten year old Sis. Sports sis. Soccer Sis. Music sis. Me

Like how we all have nick-names like the Spice girls? Well, that's how I refer to the sisters mostly on this blog.

L to R. Soccer Sis. Adopted Sis. Ten year old sis. Sports sis. Music sis. Me
And someday when I have kiddos I will embrace the camera with them. 
Do you know why? Because some of my most cherished photographs from my childhood are the ones where mom and dad were in. I love seeing them in their younger years, thin and energetic. I love mother sporting all the hair-do's and fashions of the 80's. I love seeing dad's big guns and his retro suits from the 70's that he was still wearing in the 80's. He was cute. {Still is.}
I want my kids to see me sporting the good ol fashions of my time and seeing me in my younger years too. I am fully ready to embrace that camera! 
Check out these beauts... parents embracing the camera.
3.15.87
 This one could be, could be my favorite of mother. Besides the fabulous Hair, makeup and nails check out the pants? Oh, is my brother blocking them? Don't worry... Here you go:
I seriously, no kidding aside, wish she still had these pants. I would be all over them. 


First complete family picture. Probably Nov. 1990


Easter Sunday. Probably 1993.Maybe 1992.


And I totally just took a picture of these pictures. Cause I am way too lazy to figure out how to use a scanner. Ya I know. Don't Judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...